If it weren't for automated blogger, this post would be dated 2012. So thank you Blogger for keeping me on the date straight and narrow. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! Welcome to the first Please Deliver To post of 2013, which is an apt "year in review" post.
Here's what happened in my world this year:
- I started this blog, which has become something far more than I thought it would be. When this all started, I never imagined that it would put me in contact with such a great community of mail enthusiasts. I am thankful for all of you who visit this blog and read my ramblings, especially if you've left a comment or sent me an message over the past year. If I could reach through this screen [in a non-threatening, non-Poltergeist way], I would hug you right now and I'm sure you'd be thinking, "Please stop touching me, crazy woman." And that's okay, because I wouldn't want me hugging me either, but please know that I'm very glad you're here and I appreciate your support.
- I went to the UK for the first time and realized how much I belong there. My biggest goal in life is to
rule the worldlive there permanently so hopefully, some day, I'll be blogging from a cafe in Bath with the world's biggest scone right next to me. A girl can dream, right?
- I started Please Deliver To, the etsy store. I don't have the funds to commission a statue out of gold quite yet, but each sale makes me do an Eiffel Tower with my husband so it's still been a wonderful adventure. Thank you to the people who are helping to ensure that I don't end up on an episode of Hoarders when I'm 48. "Help me! I've fallen over paper and I can't get up!"
- I met so many wonderful people around the world through snail mail and this blog. To all my penpals and everyone that has written me a letter or postcard this year: it has been a delight getting to know all of you. Thanks for giving me happy mail days.
Here's what I'm looking forward to in 2013:
- A project that I'm collaborating on with Julie from Penpal of the Week
- meeting more wonderful mail enthusiasts through this blog and snail mail, which leads me into...
I'd like to use this New Year post as an opportunity to hear from you and get to know you better! So I figured I'd use the Bridget Jones method of introducing people with thoughtful (or weird/funny/quirky) details to get the ball rolling:
Hello blog readers! My name is Laura and I am a geek who becomes a slobbering, quivering mess around beautiful washi tape. Also, I cannot watch a single Lord of the Rings movie without wearing a headband that has paper Hobbit ears stapled to the sides. [note: although I have just given you sufficient ammunition, please don't start your new year by blackmailing me with this embarrassing detail. NO! Resist the urge. Or better yet...try it! It makes each movie that much more fun.]
Your turn! Let's hear about you!*
*I hope people actually introduce themselves! Or else my next post will simply be: Bueller? Bueller? Which might actually be fun....
|Postcard from my best friend|
|Christmas card from Marissa. Marissa, I miss hearing from you!|
|Christmas card from Patty|
|Julie, the sneaky duck, used Snail Mail My Email to send this message to me. Imagine my surprise when it was sent from Australia. Snnneeeaakkky....|
|Sweet surprise from my close friend Kathy|
|Mary's own year in review newsletter!|
|Spring flowers for Patty|
|Space bubbles for Jay|
|Scallops for Vanessa|
According to science fiction written 50 years ago, we should have flying cars by now. Does anyone have a flying car that they're keeping secret? Wanna share?
Have a great week everyone!